chat_bubble DBACKS Dictionary
1) Code Of Conduct
Although we are a calm and quiet group of gentlemen it is still important to have a code of conduct in place to control the fun.
• We will give 110 % on every play, running out every ball hit. Chasing down every ball hit to us. Great teams don’t give less.
• We will show respect for the officials and all players on the field
• We will play our hardest but ALWAYS maintain good sportsmanship
• We will respect the team rules and pay our fines in a timely fashion
• We will make fun of anyone and everyone who strikes out (swinging and looking)
• We will whenever possible stick around to help the beer bitch drink his beer.
2) Beer Bitch
One of the most important components of being a team member is not only being part of the team on the field but sticking around for a cold one after the games.
A time to reflect on the wins and losses, on the home runs and strike outs, on amazing snags and the dropped balls…
We do understand that from time to time life will pull us away from this very important social requirement but the expectation is that a solid effort will be made to participate as often as possible.
The Beer Bitch is responsible to provide the beverages for this important time of reflection. 24 cold ones ON ICE to be consumed together at the end of the predetermined games.
If you are unable to make this predetermined game in which you have been appointed the Beer Bitch – it is your sole responsibility to have someone switch days with you – whatever it takes to make sure your thirsty friends find drink at the end of the night.
WARNING: failure to fulfill your duty as the Beer Bitch is punishable with the highest team fine.
3) Sign Out Sheet
This is an important topic everyone!! As in every aspect of your life if you cannot be somewhere that you have committed to, you tell someone.
There will be a sign out feature on our site that every person must use to inform the team reps that you will not be at a game.
Lineups need to be made, we need to ensure we have enough people and we do not want to call subs if not necessary.
This should not be something that is a last minute rush but for the last couple years this has been an issue.
No one has time for scrambling and looking for subs at 6:00 on game night.
NOT COMING? SIGN OUT!!
Follow the below steps and sign yourself out prior to 4pm on game day. REMINDER – there is a $20 Fine for not doing this.
1) Access the sign out sheet
2) Click the sign out button for the game you’re going to miss
3) Click save and apply
• NOT SHOWING UP FOR A GAME WITHOUT SIGNING OUT …….$20
• STRIKE OUTS LOOKING OR SWINGING………..$10
• HITTING INTO A DOUBLE PLAY…………$5
• FORGETTING BEER ON ASSIGNED BEER BITCH NIGHT….PICK UP BAR TAB
PAYABLE AT END OF GAME OR EMT
MONEY COLLECTED WILL BE USED FOR THE TEAM (TEAM DECISION AT A LATER DATE)
TOTAL OF TEAM MONEY COLLECTED WILL BE VISIBLE ON THE SITE
* MEANT TO BE A FUN WAY TO COLLECT MONEY FOR THE TEAM*
5) Ball Gear / Uniform
• Team Uniforms must be purchased at the expense of the player
• Everyone must purchase a Jersey.
• Hat and Pants are available for order but not mandatory
• Cleats (Non Metal) must be worn
• There are no Team bats – everyone should have their own
Please ensure your bat is legal by referring to NSA Canada’s Bat Policy
• Core 44 balls (decent… but not the best) will be supplied
(1 new and 1 used by the home team)